Optimizing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services: Performance and Access Reports from the Execution Log
31. Select Package —> Properties from the DTS Designer main menu, as shown in Figure 18.
Figure 18: Select Package —> Properties
The DTS Package Properties dialog appears, defaulted to the General tab.
32. Click the Global Variables tab.
33. Click the Value box that corresponds to the Global Variable named sConfigINI.
34. Input the full path with file name for the rsexecutionlog_update.ini file that we copied, along with the other files provided by Reporting Services for Execution Log reporting, into our SSP-RS001 folder, in the Preparation phase of our exercise.
As an example, for my own environment, I enter the following path:
The DTS Package Properties dialog – Global Variables tab appears, with partially visible sConfigINI Value box entry, as depicted in Figure 19.
Figure 19: Configuration File Value Box Entry (Partially Visible)
35. Click OK to accept our addition, and to close the DTS Package Properties dialog. We return to the DTS Designer.
36. Select Package —> Execute from the DTS Designer main menu, as shown in Figure 20.
Figure 20: Select Package —> Execute
The DTS Package executes, displaying step-by-step status messages within the Executing DTS Package viewer that appears next. Once the process is completed, we are greeted with a Package Execution Results message box, indicating successful completion, as depicted in Figure 21.
Figure 21: Success is Indicated – With Step-by-Step Statuses