Free Yourself from Writing Common Functions with AGS SQL Server 2005 Utilities
GeckoWare Australia plans to make the following functions available in the future.
- BusinessHours: Works out the business hours between two dates.
- BusinessDays: Works out the business days between two dates.
- GetIPAddress: Get’s an IP address for a given address.
- IsWeekDay: Returns true if a weekday.
- IsWeekEnd: Returns true if a weekend.
- IsDay: Returns true if it is the day you pass in.
Support is provided via MSN chat and a user forum. The help file available with the download does not follow a proper standard. There are even a few mismatches between the help file and the actual behavior of the tool.
- Creating and deleting folders, etc.
- Deleting from the event log.
- Sending a message to a MSMQ.
- Reading a message from a MSMQ.
Some functions do not have error handling associated with them. This tool would be more user-friendly if error handlers were implemented.
Even though GeckoWare Australia’s AGS SQL Server 2005 Utility doesn’t cover all the functions that I would like it to have, the tool is a worthy addition to your tool box. And it only costs $50.
I recommend you download the 30-day evaluation version and try out this product. Any time you save today is time you’ll need tomorrow.
* GeckoWare Australia was formerly known as A & G Software.