Embarcadero Performance Analyst
Space Page StatisticsAnalysing space helps the DBA in keeping a check on the growth rate of the databases.The DBA has to be more cautious in case of databases where autogrow is enabled.Space analysis will give an idea of the space used by the SQL Server on that server and the free hard disk space.This will help in capacity planning of the new and existing databases.
The Space page includes the following sections and statistics:
- Bottleneck Analysis:- The section displays space-related bottlenecks that might be threatening the overall performance of your system. The following bottleneck indicators in this section helps the DBA to get an idea about the general overall space situation of the monitored database:
- Database Files Near Max Size
- Databases Low on Space
- Databases on Same Disk as Log
- Databases Without Auto-Grow
- Databases With Auto-Shrink
- Log Files Near Max Size
- Logs Low on Space
- Logs Without Auto-Grow
- Disk Analysis:-This section provides a summary of the total database and log space used per server disk drive, as well as a summary of free disk space for each server drive.
- Space Analysis:-This section gives information of the Total space,space occupied by the DB,space occupied by the logs,free space etc.
- SQL Analysis:-This sections provides information about the DML activity performed in the server.It displays the number of inserts,deletes,updates and trucates.
Space DetailThe Space Detail includes the following tabbed pages:
- File Groups:-This gives information about the space usage of the filegroups of a database.It displays the database name,file group IDs,name of the file group,total physical size of the filegroup, percentage of free space,amount of free space in MB etc.
- Files:-The Files tab gives information about the name of the database,logical name of the file,physical location of the file,physical size of the file etc.
- Objects:-The Database Object Detail grid displays object space details for the database selected in the Database Object Summary grid. The object can be either tables or indexes.The object name,the owner of teh object,the file group where the object resides,the space reserved for the object,percent space used,spece used in MB etc are displayed.
- Virtual Log Files:-This section displays an internal structure for each database’s log. It gives an idea which portion of the log is active and where the active portion resides.
- Server Space:-This section displays information about the space used by the database per physical drive.It also contains information about the space occupied by each database on the physical drive of the server.