Peer-to-Peer Replication in SQL Server 2008
Configuring P2P Replication
Just as in SQL Server 2005, you need to configure transactional replication before configuring P2P Replication.
Enabling P2P Replication
After configuring transactional replication, before adding any subscribers, you need to enable P2P replication.
To do this follow the steps below:
1. Right click publication and select properties.
2. Select Subscription options Page.
3. In this page, set Allow peer-to-peer subscriptions to True from the Figure 4.
Figure 4: Enabling P2P subscriptions
4. After enabling the Peer-to-Peer subscription you right click the publisher, you will see a new Configure Peer-to-Peer Topology … option in the context menu as in Figure 5. You can select this option in order to configure P2P topology.
Figure 5: New Menu option to configure P2P
5. After the starting page, you will get the list of P2P enabled publications for you to select.
6. Up to this point, there is nothing new in the configuration of P2P replication in SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2005. Next you will see a nice UI to configure P2P.
Figure 6: Configure P2P topology