Adhoc Reporting Using SSRS 2008 R2
3. Right click the data sources and Select the option Use shared connection or report model.
4. Browse to the Models folder and select the model AdventureWorks. Click Open and then OK.
5. Right-click on Datasets and add dataset. Click Select the dataset embedded in my report and click on the query designer.
6. The below dialog box opens where you can now drag and drop the fields from the left pane.
7. I have chosen sales group, sales current year and sales last year fields to analyze. Click OK.
8. Click Ok.
9. Thus using the report model and Report Builder the following report was created in less than 5 mins.