Backup and Restore of an Analysis Services Database
3. In the Restore Database window, click the Browse… button to choose the analysis services database backup file.
4. In the Locate Database Files window, specify the path where the SSAS database backup file resides and click OK.
5. In the Restore Database window, specify a name for the analysis service database which you want to restore and then click the Browse… button to specify the storage location for the analysis service database.
6. In the Browse for Remote Folder window, specify the path where the analysis service database should reside and click OK to return to the Restore Database window.
7. Finally, choose Allow database overwrite and Overwrite security information options as shown in the snippet below and Click OK to restore the analysis services database.
You can generate the XMLA command to restore analysis services database by clicking the Script drop down in the Restore Database window and by choosing Script Action to New Query Window option.