SSMS is slow at a 64-but platform because it is 32-bit!
So it needs WOW to start up.
Als make sure you have set the InternerExplorer setting "Check...
on our DBA-test instance(s) we follow CUs. Only with instances that are being installed fresh, we apply up to our latest tested and approved CU....
- A shrinkdatabase is something you don't want to do often on a production system.
Your database has grown for a reason, sqlserver must have needed...
So your space info was due to bad usage statistics.
...It's on a GUID column, so should I replace it with a non-clustered one? ...
No, just keep in...
- Can you post the table's ddl ? (including index definitions, unique constraints)
- Is there a clustering index declared ? (page splits [:S])
Probably the son will ask for a name change because best practises would say:
Robert') drop table dbo.students;--
Have a nice weekend [B]
We also format it with 64k clusster size because it is certainly (even a little) one form of filefragmentation you can do something about. [Y]
If the print shows a non-null result, at least you can see _what_'s your actual generated sqlcommand.
If the print shows nothing, you're stuck with a...
- be sure your variables don't contain NULL !!
- use print @sql to debug your stuff.
the page I get to see if I copy/paste the provided URL shows "updated 17 July 2006".
I cannot find the word Depricated on that page.
- haven't you started them in fibre mode ?[:S]
- I also enable the WSRM-profile "Dady's at home", so I receive at least 60% of their time [H]
does this also include starting perfmon to see how your wife is coping with the childerns nagging ?[8-|]
so even in the beta bol for sql2008 they are not mentioning a deprication of partitioned views.
That's a good sign [Y]
BOL July 2007 ? At MS-download I can only find up to SQL Server 2005 Books Online (May 2007) [:^)]
Are you using the May 2007 version of books online ?
(BOL is being updated with separate download !)
With "create view" I can only find the note :...
here's a very nice ref to the in depth info for partitioned tables : (is also available at MS as whitepaper but I don't have the ref.)...
can you point to your source for this anouncement ? [:^)]
I cannot find this anouncement at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143729.aspx...
Generate the GUI's change script and you'll find it generating something like this :
rename original table
create table with the original name and...
If you can, go for SP2 (bugfixes + changes to gui !! + performance dashboard (add-on) ) + cumulative update 2 or 3 (KB939537)
It runs fine overhere.
- Check out the refs Satya posted [H] !
- on the other node you only need to install the workstation components (=client)
Separate names with a comma.