SQL Server Performance

22k to Satya

Discussion in 'Forum Statistics' started by FrankKalis, Jul 9, 2008.

1. FrankKalis Moderator

... as always...
    Luis, how long did it take this time? Must have been one of the slowest 1k leap for Satya.
  2. MichaelB Member

3. Luis Martin Moderator

Frank:
    Yes, 4 months.
    Michael:
    22K means 22000 posts.
    Satya took 4 months for the last 1K post. Usually 2 to 3 months.
    And when you reach 1K , we will congrats you.
    BTW: Congrats Satya.[:)]
  4. satya Moderator

Thanks Chums, I agree that due to the in-flow of questions were slow...hence my mileage too.
    You guys keepup the good work..
  5. admin Guest

Nice action Satya - I should hit 1k in about 2019
  6. Madhivanan Moderator

Congratulations Satya. Keep it up [:)]
  7. Luis Martin Moderator

Some more about it.
    In old days, 3 years ago, the average for Satya (1000) was 2 months. For Frank 4 months and for me 6 months.
    Last 1000 for Satya 4 months, Frank and me 1 year.
    What I think about those numbers is: We have more active members and that give us the opportunity to moderate.
    Any thought is welcome.
  8. FrankKalis Moderator

I tend to agree with you, Luis. I think more people actively participate nowadays here and answer questions.
    Did it really take me about 1 year for the last 1k?

9. satya Moderator

I may disagree with you Frank, not may as compared to we used to have back in Snitz days.
    Obviously the inflow count is less ... hence the outcome will be lesser.
  10. FrankKalis Moderator

[quote user="satya"]
    I may disagree with you Frank, not may as compared to we used to have back in Snitz days.
    Obviously the inflow count is less ... hence the outcome will be lesser.
    [/quote]
    ...but the number of people actively answering questions is getting bigger, I perceive. [:)]
    And I also think we have an increase in post count over teh last couple of weeks.
  11. Luis Martin Moderator

"Did it really take me about 1 year for the last 1k?"
    31/05/07: 6685
    23/08/07: 7166
    As you can see I have a gap there. Could be 11 month also.
    Satya, how far away you are talking about?. I have no numbers, but I remember those days when you have 2K posts, Gaurav 1.8K and Brad 1.2K and in 6 month I was behind you. Those times we post a lot!!!

12. satya Moderator

I remember to grab in more than 800 answers per month since Feb 2007 till Nov 2007, where June 2007 was a grosser 1000 mark.
    Compared to the activity last year this can be considered as low, I partly agree with Frank that active people (newbie) over last 3 months....[;)]. Taking a bit step back by us.. gives more opportunities for such new flow (I believe).
  13. MohammedU New Member

This is too much Satya...[:)] give the chance to juniors.... like me [;)]
    Satya 22k...23K......50K....[:)]
    Keep it up good work Satya...
  14. MichaelB Member

Congrats to Satya!
    sorry for the slow reply. Been on vacation!:)
    obviously I will have a low count!
  15. Luis Martin Moderator

"sorry for the slow reply."
    But, you was the second one in this thread!! [:)]
  16. ndinakar Member

I think to have a fair count we should do a DBCC CHECKIDENT with RESEED for Satya. Otherwise we will never be able to catch up with him.. By now he probably has a separate database just for his posts.. we need to have that partitioned and report the count only for current month (only for him).. so we dont all feel as embarassed with our post counts.. [:p]
  17. FrankKalis Moderator

We're trying this for ages now, but without luck. Maybe we should change forum package again and mysteriously lose some 20k posts from him during migration [:)]
  18. ndinakar Member

Well.. that will reset everybody's numbers..then again.. my count is so I dont have much to lose...[:p]
  19. satya Moderator

Me neither [;)], where are you Mr. Naming Convention...
    I heard Jude put up a new server Windows 2008 & SQL 2008 that will host a database like you said for me...for optimimum performance [;)] LOL...