SQL Server Performance

70-228

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2000 Certification [Archive]' started by chaloner, Mar 20, 2006.

1. chaloner New Member

The MCSE Training kit for this exam Microsoft SQl Server 2000 System Administration has come up with the second edition.I just wanted an opinion whether to buy the first edition or the second edition.

cheers
    Pali

Everything happens for your own good.
  2. chaloner New Member

Could someone provide me any opinions or feedbacks on this.This is important for me.

cheers
    Pali

3. Adriaan New Member

A second edition usually means that the contents have been amended. If the first edition was still valid, they wouldn't spend money on the editing, but just continue selling the first edition.

Another question would be if you still need qualifications for SQL 2000 - why not SQL 2005?
  4. chaloner New Member

I have been working on SQl2000 for over a year and I dont foresee my clients going in for SQL 2005.So I decided to go ahead with certification for MCDBA for SQL 2000.I was searching for books and found this reference hence I just wanted to get some opinions.

cheers
    Pali

5. satya Moderator

Go for second edition as suggested by Adriaan and refer under MS Press about book references.

Satya SKJ
    Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
    This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
  6. bradmcgehee New Member

Also, once you get your 2000 MCDBA, you only need to take one test to get your 2005 certification.

-----------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, MVP
    Webmaster
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com
  7. chaloner New Member

Thanx a lot for all your suggestions.

cheers
    Pali