SQL Server Performance

A fatal error while running ssis pckage

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by kantae, Sep 28, 2007.

1. kantae New Member

when i am running the ssis package weird error is occurring i.e. "A fatal error occurred while reading the input stream from the network. The session will be terminated. Error: 4014, Severity: 20, State: 2."

Some times it is running fine and some times it is throwing an error
    Please Advice.
    Sreedhar
  2. satya Moderator

Have you been installing any update or hotfix on the server or any of the client machines recently?
    On the basic information onthe client connections and intermittent cause of this issue I will undoubtedly say its a network issue. You can use a netmon trace (http://support.micros
    oft.com/kb/812953/
    ) for more information.
  3. kantae New Member

Satya,
    Here there is no network is involed in the operation. Whole operation is happening in the single box, i.e. Taget and source is same box. Bulk insert is the operation and it always failing at particular statement in SSIS pckage.
  4. satya Moderator

What is that statement, can you post here?
  5. kantae New Member

insert bulk [RDS_import_testDB].[dbo].[TransactionDetail]([TransactionID] int,[TransactionDetailID] int,[TransactionCode] smallint,[TransactionAmount]
    money,[TransactionQuantity] int,[TransactionLinkID] int,[TransactionFromDate] datetime,[TransactionToDate] datetime,[UnitID] int,[TransactionReverseSource]
    tinyint,[TransactionPaymentSource] tinyint,[OriginalDetailID] int)with(TABLOCK,CHECK_CONSTRAINTS)
    normally this statement gets data from access database to SQL Server.Some times it executes fine and some times failure occurs.
    Thanks,
    Sreedhar