SQL Server Performance

Add a new table to Transactional Replication

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Replication' started by iambhushan, May 30, 2007.

1. iambhushan New Member

Hello Folks,

I need help to add a table "TABLEB" to a publication in the transactional replication.

The transactional replication was already set up between two servers (with remote distribution database server) and transactions are propaged to the subscribers. Now I want to add a new table as an article to the existing publication through script (sp_addarticle) without regenerating a new snapshot and reinitializing of the subscriptions. So I added the table on both publisher and subscriber databases after that I added this table to the replicaiton by executing sp_addarticle at publication database and copied the system stored procedures (sp_MSins_TABLEB, sp_MSupd_TABLEB,sp_MSdel_TABLEB) in subscriber database. It seems everything is fine (this article is also in distribution article list) but the transactions are not propaged to subscribers. I dig into replication monitor to get more details of this issue and I found the information message "the initial snapshot for article TABLEB is not yet available" in the distribution details.

I would really like to know the missing piece to complete the processing of adding a new table to the publication in transactional replication without regenerating snapshot and without reinitializing of subscription. If you need more information of my issue please let me know. I really appreciate anyone's help and time.

Thanks,

Bhushan

Bhushan Kalla
  2. satya Moderator

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms152490.aspx fyi.

Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
    This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
  3. MohammedU New Member

Run the snapshot agent so that the new table will be propagated to subscriber...

MohammedU.
    SQL-Server-Performance.com

All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.