SQL Server Performance

AdventureWorksDW2008 is missing dimTime Table?

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 Questions [Archive Only - Closed]' started by vvenk, Aug 13, 2008.

1. vvenk New Member

Hello:
    I have been following the Tutorial on the Analysis Services. One of the steps that define a new data source asks the user to select a table DimTime (dbo) table. Unfortunately, this table does not exist in the database. This table is further referenced in subsequent steps and so, I cannot proceed further.
    Please help.
    Venki
  2. satya Moderator

May be you need to download from Code plex site, as I can see on my end with 1158 rows.
  3. vvenk New Member

That's where I downloaded the database from (al beit the Zip version).
    I will try it once more.
    venki
  4. vvenk New Member

I downloaded the zip version, SQL2008.AdventureWorks_DW_BI_v2008.zip and after restoring it, I am still missing the dimTime table.
    When I downloaded SQL2008.AdverntureWorks_DW_BI_v2008.x64.msi and tried to run, I got the error message
    , "The processor is not supported" or something to that effect.
    I could not make SQL2008.AdverntureWorks_DW_BI_v2008.x64.msi work for me and so, I am not sure if that has the database with the missing table.
    Venki
  5. moh_hassan20 New Member

[quote user="vvenk"]
    ... I am still missing the dimTime table.
    [/quote]
    review : http://www.codeplex.com/MSFTDBProdSamples/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=7306
  6. moh_hassan20 New Member

[quote user="vvenk"]
    When I downloaded SQL2008.AdverntureWorks_DW_BI_v2008.x64.msi and tried to run, I got the error message
    , "The processor is not supported" or something to that effect.
    I could not make SQL2008.AdverntureWorks_DW_BI_v2008.x64.msi work for me and so, I am not sure if that has the database with the missing table.
    Venki
    [/quote]
    can you try using the 32 bit version (SQL2008.AdventureWorks_DW_BI_v2008.x86.msi)