SQL Server Performance

Amazing SQL Opportunity in Southern California

Discussion in 'SQL Server-Related Job Postings' started by SQLSMSac, Jul 29, 2004.

1. SQLSMSac New Member

Hello All,

My name is Greg Smith and I work for the worlds largest wireless community. Like many companies, we need strong DBA's. We will have some big scalability challenges very soon. We are a PRE-IPO company and I would argue there is no better opportunity in California.

Alexa Rating:
    http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=sms.ac

Please take a look at our company information and let me know if you would be interested in speaking about the opportunity (or know some strong DBA's who might). I am confident that anyone that hears our story will be floored with what we have accomplished over the last 3 months.

SMS.ac, Inc. is a wireless communications company whose proprietary MMSbox technology enables the exchange of text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) mobile communications across any technology platform and deliverable to any enabled wireless device. A demonstration of MMSbox technology is available at www.sms.ac.
    SMS.ac is host to the largest wireless community in the world, offering connectivity to more than 400 mobile networks worldwide. Through its core MMSbox(tm) technologies, SMS.ac, Inc. enables interoperable, worldwide wireless interaction between network operators, technology standards, the Internet, enterprises, consumers and application/content developers. Through its global initiatives, SMS.ac is igniting the widespread adoption and use of wireless data.

SMS.ac drives revenues through shared revenue relationships with mobile operators around the world. Revenues are also realized from mobile advertisements, technology licensing, subscriptions, and sponsorships.

For Corporate Information, please visithttp://www.sms.ac/corporate/

Here is a list of some of the requirements of the position:

Required:
    ·Experience with multiple VLDBs in the 100 Gigabyte range.
    ·Knowledge of Log Shipping, warm backup methodology
    ·Experience with Backup/Restore disaster recovery
    ·Troubleshooting locking and concurrency issues
    ·Experience with index optimization and query tuning

Optional:
    ·Experience with Updatable Transactional Replication
    ·Experience with SQL Server Clustering
    ·Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services
    ·Experience with Hardware specifically Dell 6650 quad processor 4 channels
    ·RAID setup and configuration and ideally SANS.