SQL Server Performance

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by marina1966, Aug 26, 2009.

1. marina1966 New Member

I am new to SSRS 2005, and can not solve this problem by myself. If the report server (SQL server 2005) and database are located on different servers I have a trouble and there is the error massage displayed: "An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
    • Cannot create a connection to data source 'ATPReportsDataSource'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
    • For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors "
    If the report server and data base on the same server- I am able to run and preview reports just fine? What makes the difference? looking for help with this issue! Thanks to everyone.
  2. melvinlusk Member

So the "ATPReportsDataSource" setup on the reporting server contains information pertaining to the databases on the other server? How are you connecting to the other server using this data source? Windows Authentication or SQL Authentication? This sounds like a permissions problem.
  3. marina1966 New Member

Thank you for reply!
    Yes, the datasource is located on another server . We are using Windows Authentication. Yes, you are correct, this is like a permission problem,but I have a full permission on a report server: item-level and system-level permissions (system administrator role and content manager role). Also, I was able to deploy reports without any errors or problems on this server. After reports were deployed, I am able to navigate and click on the link, select parameters and after I click "View Report" button I have this error massage:
    "An error has occurred during report processing.
    • Cannot create a connection to data source 'ATPreports'."
    • This problem exists only if reports and datasource are located on different servers, if they are located on the same server, there is no problem at all. I am really confused and do not know how to fix it. Thank you!
  4. Adriaan New Member

It's not about your permissions on the other server, but the permissions of the account under which this server's instance of SQL Server is executing, on the other server.
  5. marina1966 New Member

Thank you for the quick responce!
    This is what I was thinking, but was not sure. Do you know how to set the account permissions for this server? Can you please guide me to do this or you can refer me to tech article or something where i can read and follow instructions or explanations...
    Thanks again!