SQL Server Performance

Anybody know a gud SQL server load testing sofware???

Discussion in 'Performance Tuning for Hardware Configurations' started by dilanja122, Oct 26, 2007.

1. dilanja122 New Member

Anybody know a gud SQL server load testing sofware???
  2. MohammedU New Member

3. ophelia456 New Member

Yes I also recomend them. To me they are the best one!
  4. dineshasanka Moderator

Benchmark Factory® for Databases is my recomendation too
  5. azeem New Member

Hi,
    it's very great informative stuff shared here useful one for many others who needs this kind of stuff,…
    i appreciate this effort,..
    best regards,..
  6. Jack Vamvas Member

Two others I have used - which are very useful , one is free and the other costs:
    1)Jmeter
    2)HP LoadRunner
    I've used on both DB2 and SQL Server
  7. satya Moderator

Jack
    I have seen that Jmeter has some issues and it will not work completely as we expect, as I believe its a freeware to use.
    Further Benchmark factory and Quest tool are specifically designed for SQL Server arena, so it is best to suggest them.
  8. Jack Vamvas Member

Satya,
    From an application stack perspective - I found JMeter very useful - mainly because it allows the developers to design test patterns. I haven't seen any issues, but if you have seen issues, let me know.
    It is important in testing - that both user load and stres testing occur . Benchmarked and documented.
    A key issue is creating the underlying "noise" to allow realistic testing. For example, if testing on a shared SAN - then recreating the underlying cross traffic is key.
    To that effect HP Load Runner is very good
  9. shaki New Member

Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your way of expressing the opinions and sharing the information. It is good to move as chance bring new things in life, paves the way for advancement,
    **Edited ..due to inappropriate link reference
  10. satya Moderator

Shaki, hope you are referring to the technical subject here and link posted is irrelavent though.