SQL Server Performance

Anyone else getting tired of this?

Discussion in 'Please Tell Us What You Think' started by jhilgeman, Jul 20, 2007.

1. jhilgeman New Member

I have no problem with a commercial company buying this site and running it. But it seems like EVERY day for the past couple weeks, I've been getting a SQL-Server-Performance "newsletter" that is only an advertisement for SQL Compare 6. I use a couple of Red Gate's tools (including SQL Compare 5), and what I use is great, but I don't want or need this one, and it's getting REALLY annoying, really fast to keep receiving advertisements for it day after day.

What happened to the REAL content? I want to know how to make my SQL Server run faster, not just how to compare data and scripts. Compare different tools, not just Red Gates. Run performance tests using different combinations of hardware, databases, indexes, queries, etc... and show me the charts. Give me something to chew on and maybe I'll re-subscribe.
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

3. satya Moderator

Jonathan
    Your point is taken now and in fact there is much going around in SQL server to update and we will ensure to update content on time to time basis.

Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
    @http://www.askasqlguru.com/

This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
  4. bradmcgehee New Member

This site was not purchased by a commercial company, Jude purchased it from me. He is a developer himself and very devoted to the SQL Server community. Red Gate is one of the biggest sponsors of SQL-Server-Performance.com, and they help pay the bills. In addition, Red Gate Software is one of the biggest supporter of community websites and user groups in the world. Jude is in the middle of a redesign of the website, and because of this, has been spending a lot of time on development, rather than content. Trying to maintain two websites is a lot of work, so that is why you don't see new content posted on the old (current) and new website at the same time. In fact, I have written a lot of new content, but you won't see it until the new design is up and running. If you will be a little patient, when the new design is released to the public, you will see a lot of new content.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, SQL Server MVP
    Technical Editor/Moderator www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
    Director of DBA Education for www.Red-Gate.Com
    www.sqlbrad.com
    www.sqlHawaii.com
  5. Luis Martin Moderator

"I want to know how to make my SQL Server run faster"
    "Run performance tests using different combinations of hardware, databases, indexes, queries, etc."

As always Brad, I respect your opinion.

But, that question was development and answered serverals times in this site. Articles, post, sticky, etc.

Just a thougth or a bad day.

Luis Martin
    SQL-Server-Performance.com

All in Love is Fair
    Stevie Wonder

All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

6. judehk New Member

I understand your point jhilgeman, this is the special mailing that is usually just an advert. I'm not necessary a huge fan of these myself. But the best thing to do is just click the unsubsribe link.

As with most sites the content is on the web. We typically have around 15 in-depth articles a month. plus a software review or two and a dozen or so FAQ's.
  7. jhilgeman New Member

The points about making SQL server run faster and the performance tests were not intended to be specific questions - only examples of the type of content I was hoping for instead of advertisements. I did, in fact, hit the unsubscribe link, but I figured I would pose the question here, since I'm sure a lot of people have similar concerns but don't say anything.

Brad answered my question. I will re-subscribe a little while after I see the site change and see if anything has changed.