SQL Server Performance

Blank pages in print preview and pdf format view

Discussion in 'SQL Server Reporting Services' started by ajashadi, Sep 26, 2005.

1. ajashadi New Member

Hi,
    I have developed some reports and when I export it pdf format or look at print preview, I can see some blank pages added to the report. Here are the scenarios :
    1) there is a report of 1 page only, but when I see print preview it says 2 pages and second page is empty.
    2) I had a 2 page report, with 2 tables side by side. now the result from one of the columns in second table is bit long and this results in 2 page report. When I print preview or export to pdf this report, the first page has data followed by empty page followed by some data and finally followed by empty page again. I dont know why this is happening.

Any suggestions are welcome.
  2. suleman New Member

I think we shud c if v have spaces or empty lines between tables... coz when u have a space or an empty line between tables and tables are large and they dont fit in a single page tables are started in a new page...I guess checking for the empty lines and spaces shud solve the prblm

Regards
    Suleman
    Hyderabad
  3. ajashadi New Member

Hi Suleman, Thanks for the reply. I had margins removed and it solved my problem. Basically the page is of width 8.5 x 11 and if you have margins also then it adds to the widht & height of the page and its bound to generate empty pages. I have set margins as 0 because I tried even smallest values for it like .25 but it didnt work.

Thanks,

4. suleman New Member

oh thatz gud ... came to now more abt margins on the page...

Regards
    Suleman
    Hyderabad