SQL Server Performance

Browser Refresh not working for DrillThrough report in report viewer

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by saifkhan.net, Jul 9, 2009.

1. saifkhan.net New Member

F1In my asp.net page i have a reportviewer control (Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0).In my reportviewer control I have a server report loaded with ProcessingMode=Remote.Form this report I do a drilldown to another report(using Jump To report). I am using Drillthrough event for this in my asp.net page.It load the the drilldown report in reportviewer.Everything works fine this far...Now when i do a browser(IE 7) refresh, Ideally it should just refresh..... execute the Drillthrough eventhandler again and render the drilldown report.But instead in my reportviewer control it says 'Some parameters or credentials have not been specified'. thats it :-( ... no report.Its been 3 days.. haven't found any solution yet.Can anybody help plz..F1...Thanks in advance.
  2. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forums.
    Try this:
    1. In the Navigation Tab, Select “Jump to report”.
    2. Select the report it-self.
    3. Enter the parameter.
    4. Set the parameter “DIRECTION” to be “=iif(Parameters!DIRECTION.Value="ASC","DESC","ASC")”
    5. Set the parameter “SORTBY” to be the name of the column which will be sorted by.
    6. Suggestion: Set a default value to the parameter “DIRECTION” and the parameter “SORTBY”, and hide them. So that, the report will generate by the default sort action for the first time.
  3. saifkhan.net New Member

Thanks you Satya,
    But this is not exactly what I am trying to do.
    I dont want to sort on any column.
    I just a have a simple drill-down report. Which don't get regenerated on Browser Refresh. It throws an error saying 'some parameters or credentials not provided'
    The Main(parent) report behaves normally i.e. it gets regenerated on Browser Refresh.
    Is there a bug in ReportViewer controls itself or am I doing something wrong???
    Thanks
  4. satya Moderator

Did you set the direction ignoring the sortby option.