SQL Server Performance

Building Time Dmiension

Discussion in 'Analysis Services/Data Warehousing' started by Mds203, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Mds203 New Member

I have a Time Dimension table which has years from 1900-- 2100 can I build the dimension table which only pulls data from 1975 - 2010 ..
  2. Raulie New Member

One avenue you can take is create a view with your year requirments and use that as your time dimension in the cube or use the source table filter property to filter out the dimension members.

Raulie
    Hewlett-Packard Company
  3. Mds203 New Member

When I use the Filter option I get the following error .My input source is Oracle for the Dimension table .

The Column expression must be a qualified with the table name ,near select * from dw_date_dim where year_nbr between 1970 and 2000

Can some one tell me where i am going wrong
  4. Mds203 New Member

Raulie

When I use the Filter option I get the following error .My input source is Oracle for the Dimension table .

The Column expression must be a qualified with the table name ,near select * from dw_date_dim where year_nbr between 1970 and 2000

quote:Originally posted by Raulie

One avenue you can take is create a view with your year requirments and use that as your time dimension in the cube or use the source table filter property to filter out the dimension members.

Raulie
    Hewlett-Packard Company
  5. Raulie New Member

My guess is that it is telling you put the table name plus column name.

Example
    FROM mytable.mycolumn

Raulie
    Hewlett-Packard Company