SQL Server Performance

Bulk insert without sysadmin or bulk admin role????possible?...

Discussion in 'General DBA Questions' started by amu_27, Aug 1, 2007.

1. amu_27 New Member

Is there anyway bulk insert possible without giving server level role permission? thanks in advance.
  2. satya Moderator

As you read Only members of the sysadmin and bulkadmin fixed server roles can execute BULK INSERT. If its ongoing requirement you cn schedule as a job.
  3. amu_27 New Member

Read only memeber of sysadmin or bulk admin? what do you mean by that? if I am member of the sysadmin or bulk admin at server level, I have those permission or privilleges. Is there read only access as well?
    I was looking for way to do bulk insert without giving or granting server level permission.
  4. i2lovefishing New Member

"...As you read Only members of the sysadmin and bulkadmin fixed server roles..."
    I am sure it means "....As you read [it], only members of the sysadmin and bulkadmin fixed server roles..." Hope that helps.
  5. satya Moderator

Ok I should have put [comma] "after you've read" statement above!
    By default only Sysadmin privileged user can have facility and only BULK ADMIN server role is introduced which is lesser than SYSADMIN privilege. THere is no readonly privileges for such process, you are out of luck.
    [quote user="amu_27"]
    Read only memeber of sysadmin or bulk admin? what do you mean by that? if I am member of the sysadmin or bulk admin at server level, I have those permission or privilleges. Is there read only access as well?
    I was looking for way to do bulk insert without giving or granting server level permission.
    [/quote]
  6. amu_27 New Member

Thanks Satya