SQL Server Performance

Calendar Planning

Discussion in 'EditorsBlog' started by shanetasker, Oct 6, 2008.

1. shanetasker New Member

I have been looking at my calendar today planning for the next few weeks. At the moment, the next week is looking just a little crazy, as I have everything from an assignment due to two breakfast seminars on opposite sides of Australia. In between this madness is SQL Down Under Code Camp, which is being held this weekend.
    It is getting to that time of the year which is known as the silly season. I think the reason it got this name was because of the number of activities we try to squeeze in such a short space of time. I know that many of you are in a similar situation where your calendars are lacking any free space over the coming months. A lot of this has to do with the number of upcoming SQL Server events that are occurring. I know from talking to a few folks in the U.S. that almost every weekend at the moment has a SQLSaturday event somewhere in North America. Olympia, Wash., and Greenville, S.C., both have an event this weekend and Orlando, Fla., has one on October 25. So if your calendar is not already full, why not take advantage of the numerous local SQL Server events that are on offer?
    - Peter Ward