SQL Server Performance

Can any 1 please tell me whats a clustered index

Discussion in 'General Developer Questions' started by sayed_ally, May 27, 2003.

1. sayed_ally New Member

I am new to sql programming and would like to know what a clustered index is. Can you also tell me where i can get a copy of SQL ANSI standard from. Is it free?
    Thanks
    bye

2. gaurav_bindlish New Member

Refer Books Online installed with SQL Server Installation for more details.

Gaurav
  3. vbkenya New Member

4. Negative New Member

To find a copy of the ANSI SQL standard you can start by looking at the ANSI website,http://www.ansi.org. They have redesigned their site since the last time I looked at it, and I do not know for sure where you can get the standard. You used to be able to go to an order form and order it, however there was a charge for a copy.

There are actually many versions of the standard, SQL-86, SQL-92 (basic, intermediate, and advanced versions), SQL-99 (there are multiple versions of this one also, although this is mostly extensions to SQL-92), and SQL-200n is in the works. Most major DB vendors only applied for compliance testing to the basic version of SQL-92, however they all support a good deal of features from the intermediate and advanced versions, as well as most of the features from SQL-99.

I would suggest you search the web for any information you need, most anything you need to know is out there.
  5. satya Moderator

6. sayed_ally New Member

Thanks a million guys