SQL Server Performance

Cannot able to see Windows Group account in Linked Server security page

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General DBA Questions' started by Fais, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Fais New Member

I am trying to add windows group ( MYDomainlogin) to the Linked Server security page, but when I click add --> then browse to find the windows group , I am not able to see this windows group. ( only see sql logins) . All windows group is working fine .

I can ONLY able to see SQL Server logins in linked server secutiry add page.

Can anyone let me know , is there any special way of setting windows group in linked server for impersonation.

My goal is to have users in MydominQA_Group on 'Server_QA1' to access 'Server_QA2'.

Any help is apprciated.

Thanks
  2. Fais New Member

Moderator / Gurus ,

Any help regarding this issue.

Thanks
  3. Adriaan New Member

On the remote server, check if any Windows logins have been granted permission to log in explicitly. I would guess that implicit permission (granted to local admins, etc.) does not make the member logins show up in this list.
  4. Fais New Member

On the remote servers users who belong to their windows group , can easily log into the server , but the problem comes when these people ( who belong to windows group ) wants to access linked severs. Becasue of this reason, I would like to add them into linked server.
    Can you or anyone let me know, how should i deal with this problem.
    Thanks