SQL Server Performance

Change Tracking - Synch Database

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General DBA Questions' started by sql_jr, May 7, 2010.

1. sql_jr New Member

I need the best method for updating changes one way, based on a timestamp column. I can't use replication, b/c the databases will be refreshed daily.
    So, I can maybe use SSIS, or some custom change tracking. I'm not 100% familiar with change tracking but the requirements are this:
    1. Push incremental changes (or bulk at EOD) from DB A to DB B
    2. Have some sort of checksum process to ensure the records were moved and count
    3. Audit abilitily and report this to user
    4. Since the source db would be in essence overwritten daily, I'd need a table to store the changes.
    Please help with ideas!!
  2. rohit2900 Member

Just trying to understand you req more clearly. You want to push data from one db to other db on the basis of the data addition to db A and same shud be inserted to DB B.
    DO we care about the updates & deletions?
    Althought SSIS seems to be a good option.
  3. venkatesanj@hcl.in New Member

4. rohit2900 Member

This can be a good idea if the db's are residing on same instance and one few records are inserted here n there and what about the performance impact due to this if the new records are are more in number??
  5. satya Moderator

I believe that is the correct method to adopt as per the situation, again the question is right about the performance impact too - it depends on the number of DML & DDL changes to the database objects.