SQL Server Performance

Cheers everyone

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side of Being a DBA' started by mmarovic, Feb 3, 2008.

1. mmarovic Active Member

Hello ssp veterans. I just want to say hello to everyone. :)
    I am hard-working on completely unrelated job to sql server, so I don't have really time to study sql server, so I can't really contribute to the forum. Anyway, I have just stopped by to tell you that I miss good old days. :(
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

We miss you also Mmorivic.[:)]
    Could we know what are you doing?
  3. mmarovic Active Member

Hi Luis, I knew you still must be active here :)
    I am now QA Manager of telecom billing product. As a manager I don't really have time to look too often into db problems. However, occasionally (once in a couple of months) when there is a tough ORACLE problem needed quick diagnostic or some problems with sql server db of MS CRM or TFS they call me, but I have just so much time to give them direction or quick diagnosis. I usually just find the root cause and in case of sql server problem give them link of this site for more details. But that is not a challenge at all. These are usually clasical sql server beginners problems (autoshrink, full recovery model without transaction log backups). On ORACLE it is usually about indexing and partitioning or some equivalent of parameter sniffing. It is sad that where I work you have to become manager to keep your salary growth after your reach certain level.
    However, I got used to my new job and found it different but still interesting, but not as much as previous one.
  4. satya Moderator

Mirko Marovic
    We miss you and your expert replies on the forums, I wish you 'good luck' in your new venture... Good to know you get a hike in monetary terms... but sometimes in life you should discount few to gain a few....[:)][Y]
  5. FrankKalis Moderator

Hi Mirko,
    nice to hear again from you. [:)]
    Just stop by whenever you have time. Your contributions are always much appreciated!
  6. Madhivanan Moderator

Welcome back Mirko
    Congrats for becoming a Manager
    Keep in touch here
    Post atleast once in a week [:)]