SQL Server Performance

Cluster failure notification

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Clustering' started by california6, Apr 29, 2008.

1. california6 New Member

I have a active/active cluster setup. I was wondering, how could i setup notification (Emails - Pager etc) to be sent to DBA's - when one node fails and the resources are moved to the second? Is this possible?
    Appreciated if someone please suggest.
    Thanks,
    Cali
  2. satya Moderator

Do you have any operations team that will monitor such alerts and errors on the systems?
    If not you need to deploy an alerting tool such as Tivoli or Patrol to email necessary alerts to mobile or pagers.
  3. california6 New Member

Operations team is there and by the team they look at it and get back to us, its too late. Therefore we were looking to setup notifcation alerts to nottify as soon as something major happens on the server.
    Isnt there any default windows/sql alerting mechanism to notify without using third party tools?
    Thanks,
  4. MohammedU New Member

Simple way is setup db mail and sql agent mail notification to sent an email when ever the SQL server started using db mail. schedule the job to run when ever sql agent restarted....
  5. california6 New Member

So when resources are moved from one box to another, is that consider as a SQL Agent restart? If yes, then shall setup to notify any time resources from one box is moved to another in the cluster.
  6. satya Moderator

7. california6 New Member

Thank you Satya.