SQL Server Performance

Configured transactional replication but not replicating data

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Replication' started by cplimmy, Sep 24, 2009.

1. cplimmy New Member

Hi,
    I have configured the transactional replication and running fine for few weeks. But now it stop replicating data to subscriber server without any reason.
    I can't find any errors log file to check. Is it need to enable the errors log?
    how to start troubleshooting the issue.
    please help.
  2. melvinlusk Member

Have you checked Replication Monitor?
  3. cplimmy New Member

Hi Melvinlusk,
    I have checked replication monitor, there has message show "the initial snapshot for publication is not yet available". What's that means?
    thanks.
  4. ghemant Moderator

[quote user="cplimmy"]
    Hi Melvinlusk,
    I have checked replication monitor, there has message show "the initial snapshot for publication is not yet available". What's that means?
    thanks.
    [/quote]
    That means snapshot is yet not created, what you have to do is first you have to create snapshot and then at subscriber end execute agent job to sync the data. Are you on production? please do this on test box first; I would suggest to refer this thread as well http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreplication/thread/08a9b402-f987-4191-b2f3-0214f6d303fc
  5. ghemant Moderator

Yeah true, if you check the Replication Monitor it will tell you what is the exact reason and where it is stopped!!!