SQL Server Performance

Controlling Table Row Counts

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by BruceK, May 5, 2008.

1. BruceK New Member

I have a report request where I am lists of data from 3-5 different datasets. There are 4 groupings on each dataset. One recordset may have 40 group members while another would have 38 while another 36, etc; What I would like to do is insure that the rowcounts for the 4th group are all equivalent so that the report footers are all aligned. Any suggestions on the best way to approach this?
    Thanks!
  2. MichaelB Member

I really dont understand what you mean by alligning your report footers ? are you doing like several tables side by side or?? I cant visualize it from your decription...
  3. MichaelB Member

description even....
  4. BruceK New Member

Yes - I have 5 datasets/tables side by side. The first dataset may have 30 rows, the second 25 and the third through fifth 22 rows. I would want each table then to render 30 rows so that the alignment looks somewhat decent. thanks!
  5. MichaelB Member

why not put them in one table? run it based on a proc. you could create a temp table with output of the largest dataset with additional blank columns for the other sets, then update those blank columns with update statements for the other data sets. this would make your total row be the same for each set. If you want the sets to look different (eventhough they are in the same table object) then you could use the grid lines (hiding some, showing others) to make them look seperate. am I making sense?