SQL Server Performance

Convert from csv to excel

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by kumaravel v, Aug 8, 2008.

1. kumaravel v New Member

Hi everybody
    I wanted to convert all my csv format files into Excel format from a particular folder. After conversion of csv to excel, it (csv) has to be deleted from that folder.
    Did anyone face this task earlier? If yes, kindly let me know how to do or it would be better to send me a sample package !!
    Thanks in Advance
    --kumar
  2. Adriaan New Member

Excel supports CSV format, so why not let Excel handle it? Probably a lot easier to program this in VBA than in T-SQL or CLR environment.
  3. satya Moderator

Adriaan is right on pointing out to perform the out of box (non SQL) function with VBA or even ActiveX script can handle in that way.
    Either it is CSV or XLS what difference it makes to open it with MS Excel?
  4. kumaravel v New Member

yes. I agree your points. The csv file is not clear to readout the content of the file, but if i convert into xls then the format is better to read the content.
    That is why i am expecting to do this type of conversion task. Even if you guys have vbscript basis or VBA coding, kindly send me some samples. So that i will start working on that.
    Thanks
    - kumar