SQL Server Performance

copying excel file with changing name into the sql db using ssis

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by rush81, May 20, 2008.

1. rush81 New Member

hi,
    I'm trying to copy one excel file at a time from a folder to sql server using ssis. But this file has different name each week. It is later moved to an archive folder. I got the later part as to move the file using foreach loop container. can anyone tell me how do I address the first part?
    I thought of using one more foreach loop for copying files but i dont know how to set the destination as the sql server database. Please respond at the earliest.
    Thank you in anticipation.
    Regards
  2. Jon M Member

3. rush81 New Member

can this directly work for excel file instead of converting it to a flat file?
  4. rush81 New Member

thank you for the reply....i converted my excel file to .csv....with this it can go through all the files in the folder but it does not copy all the rows from the .csv file....
    i tried the import/export wizard in sql for the .csv import but that is giving me some error. what could be the problem for not copying all the records?
    I get this warning message during execution:
    [Flat File Source [1826]] Warning: There is a partial row at the end of the file.
    thank you once again
  5. Jon M Member