SQL Server Performance

Customised report generation is poosible ?

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services' started by AJITH123, Aug 27, 2007.

1. AJITH123 Member

hi,
    I did a data warehousing project for one the department in my company using Sql server SSAS, SSIS and SSRS, since my issue is, in SSAS we can generate customise report from the cube, but in Reporting sevices, the user canot build there on report with their wish (means Drag and drop the required fields what we can do it in SSAS) and which can be possible in some of the tool like cognos etc... So my questions is, is there any existing possibilty in SSRS ?
    Ajith
  2. satya Moderator

Are thye using BIDS or do have relevant privileges?
  3. AJITH123 Member

Hi,
    This is not the issue with the privilage, my question is, suppose we have some data base fields, based on these fields, the user can able to create there own report [means different way of presenting the same]..the same thing what we do it in SSAS. Since my issue is what i given the report is predefined one, thus the user can view the same, but they cannot edit or modified in to a different way (means user canot design the report as they like).
    Ajith
  4. satya Moderator

You said "pre-defined report and can view" that means you have to ensure the relevant logins has EDIT privileges. Hence my reply was to check privileges.