SQL Server Performance

data base security

Discussion in 'General Developer Questions' started by mpolaiah, Apr 17, 2009.

1. mpolaiah New Member

Hi All,
    My application is install at client place but data is very important . so i want secure my database tables,storeproceduress,functions ..all.
    but the persons is taken .MDF and .LDF files then automatically my data taken. so my data is loss so i want secure that person. i am install sql server 2000
    and enterprise manager also at the client place but i want secure the database.how it is possible.
    yours
    pols
  2. techbabu303 New Member

Do not clearly understand your question , could please rephrase your question.
    -Sat
  3. atulmar New Member

How can someone steal your .mdf/.ldf files without having access to your machine.
    If you cannot restrict person from accessing the machine, you can go for encryption solution, however that is not so straight forward.
  4. satya Moderator

If you are really worried about the database structure and design by your company, then better to copyright it and get the clients to sign an agreement. You could take action if it happens such a breach of contract and technically security for the users on the database can be achieved but when it comes to human involvement very hard to control.