SQL Server Performance

Database Mirroring Connection Issues

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Database Mirroring' started by iambhushan, Oct 4, 2007.

1. iambhushan New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I setup database mirroring between two NAMED instances on two different servers. After completeing the database mirroring configuration, I clicked on Start Mirroring button then I got below error message. Both Named instances are running on other than default ports (1434) and mirror endpoints ports are 5022.
    An Error occurred while starting mirroring Alter failed for Database Test (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo) An exception occured while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.
    Alter Database Command failed due to an invalid server connection string. (Microsoft SQL server, Error: 1449).
    For testing purpose, I installed two named instances on one test box and configured database mirroring and that is working fine. so it seems the problem with two instances on DIFFERENT Servers.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. techbabu303 New Member

Looking at error message looks like it does not like port number other than defualt ports. have you tried resetting the port number ?
    Just a basic Silver bullet , would be intrestign wht Guru's have !!
    Cheers
    Sat
  3. techbabu303 New Member

MSDN :
    Each database endpoint must specify a unique port on the server. When working with SQL Server instances on separate machines, these port numbers can all be the same and the Configure Database Mirroring Security Wizard will automatically suggest port 5022 as the port.
    Hope the above helps
    Cheers
    Sat
  4. satya Moderator

Can you verify that the Windows account that the instances are running as SA on both the SQL instances?
    If you could attach the error logs during the time that you tried to setup database mirroring, that would help a lot. Grab the error logs from both the principal and mirror instance.