SQL Server Performance

DB Mirroring issue

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Database Mirroring' started by ashish.johri, Sep 24, 2007.

1. ashish.johri New Member

When I issue the command to create Mirror partner from principal DB in Mirroring step.ALTER
    DATABASE TestMirrorSET
    PARTNER = 'TCP://172.20.52.58:10111'GO
    Then I get the error as follows:
    "Msg 1418, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    The server network address "TCP://172.20.52.58:10111" can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and reissue the command."
    What can be the reason for this? I am able to telnet the port of Mirror from principal and vice versa.
  2. ashish.johri New Member

The error from error log is as follows:
    "Database mirroring connection error 4 'An error occurred while receiving data: '10054(An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)'.' for 'TCP://172.20.52.58:10111'."
    This means that the principal is not able to receive data from Mirror : 172.20.52.58:10111
    How to troubleshoot this?
  3. Akthar New Member

What Account is your sql Server service and Agent service using . try using a domain account with rights to the other server.
  4. ashish.johri New Member

Hi I want to add one thing here that I don't have administrator rights in the mirror server mc. Would this really matter?
  5. Akthar New Member

i think you have to use the same domain account to start the sql services on both services
  6. satya Moderator