SQL Server Performance

db mirroring

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Database Mirroring' started by priyaram, Mar 27, 2007.

1. priyaram New Member

i am for the first time creating the database mirroring.I am moving the all the usr databases and everything from test server to a new server called test1.And from that new server i am restoring on the another new server called test2 for database mirroring.But in the test server , the transaction logs are backup for every 15 minutes.So in this case is there a need to move all the logs to test1 and then to test2 for mirroring?? or there is no need to move transaction logs to the new servers at all??

my secnario
    ------------
    server1 server2 server3
    -------- ------- --------
    test test1 (moving everything from test) test2(mirror for test1 )

all the transaction logs are backup in test for every 15 minutes. so in this case , do i need to move the transcation logs from test to test1 and test2
    or there is not need to move at all??

thanks,
  2. satya Moderator

NO need to move the transaction logs from one to another, once the database mirroring is setup then you can ignore this job as they are taken care by DB mirroring.

Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
    This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.