SQL Server Performance

Deadlocked message on OLAP Server application log

Discussion in 'Analysis Services/Data Warehousing' started by california6, Nov 11, 2007.

1. california6 New Member

I see the following dead locked message on our OLAP Application log.PROD: OLAP Service EventLog IS CRITICAL - Application [error] [mssqlserverolapservice #117]: Unexpected fatal error occurred. Attempting to restart server. - 11/10/07 13:13:27”“PROD: OLAP Service EventLog IS CRITICAL - Application [error] [mssqlserverolapservice #124]: Relational data provider reported error: [Transaction (Process ID 74) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.:40001] . - 11/10/07 13:02:07”
    I was wondering, is there a way, i know, what SQL Query was process - 74 was running at the time of dead lock? Is there a way i could avoid this error?
    Appreciated some input.
    Thanks,
    Cali
  2. anandchatterjee New Member

Please check it through the trace window.
  3. satya Moderator

4. california6 New Member

My current version is AS - 2000. I dont think, i neither have the option of running profiler to capture the deadlocks nor see, what queries are been executed.
    Is there any other way to see, why my server is getting into deadlocks?
    Thanks,
  5. satya Moderator

6. california6 New Member

Thanks for the answer.
    Unfortunately i can not run SQL 2005 profiler against 2000 AS Server. It's not supported. Looks like SQL 2000 AS is very limited when it comes to monitoring. haven't found anything which can be used to either capture queries running against AS Server nor came across with any way to figure out, who's running what against a 2000 AS Server.