SQL Server Performance

Deleting the FullText catalog in SQL server 2000

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by palakjs, Dec 2, 2009.

1. palakjs New Member

Hi
    I am facing a problem that I want to migrate my database to the new SQL Server 2008. I do not want to take the fulltext catalog to the server. I have tried all the ways to delete it from the SQL Server 2000 but all of it failed. I have sysadmin rights. I tried to enable the disabled fulltext and then tried to delete the file name sourcedoc. this sourcedoc is located in the fulltext catalog directory. the sourcedoc does not have any of the indexes in it. It is an empty file.
    I am a sysadmin so when I tried to enable the fulltext it gives me an erroe saying that cannot be administered under the present user account.
    I need help with this.
    I do not want to take this file to the New SQL Server 2008. This file is named as ftrow in the new SQL server when i move it to new server.
  2. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forums.
    Does the SQL Server service account has admin rights on source & target server?
  3. palakjs New Member

@ Satya: Yes I have all the Rights on the system. Can you let me know what will be the way to get rid of the Full Text catalog file. I read your previous forum where you have explained all the things in detail I have tried all of that but noting works