SQL Server Performance

delivering replication transaction

Discussion in 'Performance Tuning for SQL Server Replication' started by khan, Jan 22, 2008.

1. khan New Member

Hi--
    Currently the replication monitor has been displaying the message"delivering replication transaction" from my distribution agent for
    the last 10 hours!! According to the log reader, there are no replicated transactions available. Also, when I run sp_repltrans, i get NO
    rows back.....
    Is there any way to find out how many transaction are still undelivered and how long it will take to finish them.
    Regards,
    Khan

2. satya Moderator

3. khan New Member

Satya--
    Thanks for the link i did see this link earlier when i googled it but i want to know how long do i have to wait for these transaction or to have some idea of time required for these transactions to finish. the clients cannot run any report because of the locks replicaiton puts on the table.
    I want to know how to find the number of undeliverd transaction in the source database that still needs to be replicated to the subscriber.
    Thanks
    khan
  4. khan New Member

Hi--
    Some body sugested to run the following query but i don't understand what this query is doing .. can you please help to explain.

Use distribution
    go
    select count( distinct xact_seqno) as undeliverdtransactions
    from Msrepl_commands a
    join dbo.MSsubscriptions b
    on ( a.article_id=b.article_id AND a.publisher_database_id = b.publisher_database_id)
    Thanks
    Khan
  5. ndinakar Member

Use this proc: sp_browsereplcmds and pass the required parameters to get the pending transactions count.
  6. khan New Member

We are on SQL2000 sp_browsereplcmds is for 2005 :(
  7. ndinakar Member