SQL Server Performance

dont have database mail

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by shan1430, Mar 30, 2008.

1. shan1430 New Member

Hi, i need to send emails from sql server with a table from my database as the body of the email. I understand that i have to configure my database mail under management folder in object explorer. But the problem is i dont have a tab called database mail under management folder. I only have server log folder and under it i have aome activities thats all.. How do i open database mail configuration wizard now?
  2. madhuottapalam New Member

3. ghemant Moderator

and you have to to have SMTP server to use cdosysmail feature
  4. shan1430 New Member

the link that you gave still directing me to configurre database mail but i dont have a database mail tab under my management folder in object explorer. Help me..
  5. ghemant Moderator

Hi,
    the 2nd link referrence is pointing to CDOSYSMail SPs that can be used to configure for email alerts, plz go through the 2nd link given by Madhu.
  6. madhuottapalam New Member

Ya... thats what i mentioned... from Management Stuido of Express edition(SSMSEE) you can't configure Database mail, but you may try System sps root ( i have never done this) if you could pse update back here.
    Madhu
  7. shan1430 New Member

ya i tried the second link and its asking for smtp server name. i dont know my server name. How to find the name.
  8. ghemant Moderator

Hi,
    You can ask your network admin team, they will let you know the SMTP server name