SQL Server Performance

Drop Down List

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by danny123, Mar 12, 2008.

1. danny123 New Member

Hi there,
    I am creating a report using SSRS 2005. I want to use a drop down list in the report from where user can select the Name of the city and then CIty ID associated with that city is passed to stored procedure as parameter. I dont see any option for Dropdown list in the tool box from where i can select the dropdown and associate the proper cities with that.
    Can someone give some headsup how to i accomplish this as task.
    Thanks
    Danny
  2. satya Moderator

3. dineshasanka Moderator

1. Declare a Report Parameter ,(ex Param1)
    2. Define a dataset with CityID and CityName
    SELECT CityID,CityName FRom City
    3. Attach created city data set to report parameter.
    3.1 Label should be city and value should be cityid
    Parameters!Param1.Value gives you the selected city id and Parameters!Param1.Label gives you the celected lable
  4. danny123 New Member

Hi there,
    Thanks alot for help. Now i got all the drop downs placed. But problem is i want all three drop downs to be optional. Like right now its forcing user to select something from each drop down while my reports requires user to select entry only from one drop down and not from other 2.
    Can you please suggest how do i accomplish that task
    Thanks
    Danny
  5. danny123 New Member

Hi there,
    It will be great if someone can even tell if its even possible to have optional dropdowns in a report or not?
    Thanks
    Danny
  6. dineshasanka Moderator

Sorry for the delayed answer.
    You cannot do that. Instead you can add a value to a list saying <No Value> which will be selected by default.
  7. danny123 New Member

Thanks alot for the support!
    Best
    Danny