SQL Server Performance

DTS error

Discussion in 'SQL Server DTS-Related Questions' started by wlho, Feb 8, 2006.

1. wlho New Member

I have 1 DTS which is transfer data from a text file into table. I run the DTS package is ok. But if i run the package from SQL job. it give me error.

Executed as user: TESTSVR01SYSTEM. DTSRun: Loading... DTSRun: Executing... DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1 DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1 DTSRun OnError: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1, Error = -2147467259 (80004005) Error string: Error opening datafile: The system cannot find the path specified. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services Flat File Rowset Provider Help file: DTSFFile.hlp Help context: 0 Error Detail Records: Error: 3 (3); Provider Error: 3 (3) Error string: Error opening datafile: The system cannot find the path specified. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services Flat File Rowset Provider Help file: DTSFFile.hlp Help context: 0 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1 DTSRun: Package execution complete. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

i have check the path... it is correct. somemore it can run from the DTS itself, just fail to run at SQL job.

please help... urgent...
  2. dineshasanka Moderator

3. wlho New Member

i use Local System Account to start the SQL Server Agent.
    the folder is shared to everyone. so it should be able to access by the SQL Server Agent user right??
  4. dineshasanka Moderator

yes then it should be correct. anyway check with local folder if that works check by changing the agent username to wondows user

----------------------------------------
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/dineshasanka
  5. wlho New Member

i have change the local system account to localadmin... after stop/ start the service i tried to run the job again. still getting he same error message.
  6. ji06 New Member

Just in case, did you check the file path exits in the server?
  7. wlho New Member

sorry for the late reply. sick for few days already.

yes. i confirm the path is correct and the file is exist in the server. when i run the DTS iself, it works and all the data is succesfully imported.
    that's why i really don't know what is the problem and what should i do now.