SQL Server Performance

DTS ERROR

Discussion in 'SQL Server DTS-Related Questions' started by contactjimmys, Sep 1, 2006.

1. contactjimmys New Member

created a package to check old files residing in one folder.the owner of the package is a windows account and have full rights to the folder.The windows user is denied permissions to sql server
    It runs fine when executing the package.When sheduled and ran the package it gives dtsrun.exe application error pop up message .
    It is logged in application log too
    Please guide me on this

DBA
    SHAMS
  2. dineshasanka Moderator

check whether the service account have permision on that folder.
    can you plese paste the full error to the forum.

----------------------------------------

3. k_ashish2002 New Member

My suggestion...

There may be lot of steps included in ur DTS, break it into different steps and then create the jobs having different steps. Most of the time, I resolved the problem by this way...

Regards
    Ashsih

Ashish
  4. contactjimmys New Member

dts is not having any issue and it is running fine.It has only one activex script to check the old files

DBA
    SHAMS
  5. contactjimmys New Member

When sheduling and running the package as a job it is giving the error

DBA
    SHAMS
  6. contactjimmys New Member

Pease suggest

DBA
    SHAMS
  7. dineshasanka Moderator

goto job history and get the error and paste it here

----------------------------------------

8. contactjimmys New Member

The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 53 (Pkg_CheckGalUploadFiles). The last step to run was step 1 (Pkg_CheckGalUploadFiles).

Executed as user: oslerhc sgadmin. The step did not generate any output. Process Exit Code 128. The step failed.

DBA
    SHAMS
  9. satya Moderator

THen make sure the SQLAGent has required privileges on th specified directory that is executed on that Activex script.

Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
    This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.