SQL Server Performance

DTS only loading half my files

Discussion in 'SQL Server DTS-Related Questions' started by Dconallen, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Dconallen New Member

I have desigeed a dts package to import a txt file [size: 300,000 kb] when it loads it only loading half of the records?
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

Check if txt has some end character.

Luis Martin
    SQL-Server-Performance.com

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important
    Bertrand Russell

All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

3. Dconallen New Member

I have used UltraEdit32 to view the txt file.. and dont see anything? Not sure waht i'm lokoing for but looking at it everyway i know how..
  4. Dconallen New Member

OK...so i changed the file name and took off the .txt and now its loading it all in... ?! you ever heard of this? First i thought it had something to do with network.. so i copied the txt to my local drive... that didnt work.. so i removed the .txt and it worked...
  5. Luis Martin Moderator

First time I see that.

Luis Martin
    SQL-Server-Performance.com

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important
    Bertrand Russell

All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

6. derrickleggett New Member

What version of SQL Server and service pack?

MeanOldDBA
    derrickleggett@hotmail.com

When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
  7. satya Moderator

If you're executing manually via Enterprise Manager it may hang up due to mismatch of DLLs or MDAC versions. May try schedule the package and execute.

Check DTS log for any information.

Satya SKJ
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
    This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.