SQL Server Performance

DTS package and local windows account

Discussion in 'SQL Server DTS-Related Questions' started by v1rt, May 6, 2008.

1. v1rt New Member

Hi folks,
    I really need the DTS package I wrote to be executed by a specific local Windows account that I created. Can someone please give me instructions on how I can configure my job so that it is executed by the local Windows account rather than the default owner of the DTS which I guess is sql agent or something?
    Thanks,
    Ron
  2. v1rtu0s1ty New Member

I modified the owner of the job in EM, general tab, owner drop down. However, it is still being executed by a different user. So how can I configure it so that it is executed by the owner?
  3. satya Moderator

What is the difference between that local account and the one assigned to sql agent?
  4. v1rt New Member

The account that was used for sql agent cannot be assigned a login locally permission as mentioned by our data security group. They want to keep it untouched. So, I'm doing a test on a development server by creating a local account and that I have administrator access too. I needed to create a local account since the external command(pscp.exe) that I will be calling inside ActiveX needs to write the fingerprint of the remote unix server to the registry. If you download pscp.exe from Putty Download page and when you run it the first time, you will be asked to store the fingerprint or key to the registry. It only happens one time. So once the key or fingerprint has been inserted to the registry, it will not prompt anymore. After I've done the insertion, I can remove the "Log in Locally" permission.
    The name of the local account I created is ssh_acct. I asked help from our dba administrator and she told me that she couldn't link the account I created to a proxy account. I don't know what she's doing. She said that the account should be a domain account and not a local account.