SQL Server Performance

DTS packages

Discussion in 'SQL Server DTS-Related Questions' started by sonijaiswal, Oct 23, 2007.

1. sonijaiswal New Member

Hi Champs/Satya I really need you guys help on this.
    I am new to DTS package and I have to create a DTS package of some thing of this kind.
    1.Another server is writing the data to a ftp server.I have to read the data from ftp server and load it into a table. Uptil now it sounds fine.
    But before reading the data I have to check a condition whether data is prent on ftp server or not and if it is kept also then I have to give some looping condition to read the data as the data is kep in many number of events.
    Another problem is after reading the data I have to link the table with other table. Can you guys specially satya and all other guys throw some ideas on this.
    Thanks Allot for this help. I am in real need for this.
  2. martins New Member

Can you give some examples of exactly what the setup is and what you need to happen?
  3. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forum!
    As referred by Martin that will give us more idea to suggest.
    meanwhile take your time to go through http://vyaskn.tripod.com/sql_server_dts_best_practices.htm this link on best practices, in any case for such conditional load from the source file you have to create a staging table and perform relevant calcuations to that affect.
  4. lara99 New Member

ThankU satya for a good response, here the situation is other server is writing some data to our ftp server,not in a single event.About 12 a.m. I have to schedule DTS package to read that data into a table and linked that table to other table, but before that I have to read the condition whether the data has been dropped by other server or not,and if not dropped then i have to make an error table.So I was confused how to give this condition. I will be highly thankful if you please help me.ThankU again
    Please help.