SQL Server Performance

EAI and ETL tools

Discussion in 'Third Party Tools' started by rweinstein, Feb 2, 2005.

1. rweinstein New Member

Is anyone familiar with the Enterprise Application Integrator (EAI) tools, like Microsoft BizTalk 2004, for example? We are looking at an EAI tool, does anyone have any suggestions as the good ones on the market that they use or have experience with?

Also, does anyone use an ETL tool other than DTS? If so, please let me know what tool you use, how you feel about it and if you reccommend it.

Thanks.
  2. thomas New Member

Don't you like DTS for some reason?

Plenty of people use it even in organizations where they don't use SQL Server, because it is pretty much the best ETL tool out there. It's certainly the market leader....

Tom Pullen
    DBA, Oxfam GB
  3. satya Moderator

Evaluating the third party tools is a personal thing. Some will think that having extensive connectivity is more important than functionality, while others will be just the opposite.

I wouldn't go in commenting the third party tools I've never used and I'm sure DTS is best bet as compared to in need to centralize data to improve corporate decision-making.

May check the Tools pane on this website for such recommendations.

Satya SKJ
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
    This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.