SQL Server Performance

Entry/Mid level SQL Developer/DBA in Chicago

Discussion in 'SQL Server-Related Job Postings' started by simas, Jun 1, 2005.

1. simas New Member

We are looking for a person to join our data team and help with design and development of database solutions (plus some database administration and maintenance).You will work with internal database and software developers, sysadmins, and business users to help with requirements, design/develop solutions. Ideally, you should have 2-5 years of professional experience in database administration and development with SQL Server, live in Chicago area and want to work for a small company (with combination of responsibility, flexibility and independence small companies provide).
    Technically,we would like to see the includes understanding of TSQL, some experience with DTS and of performance tuning . Since doing performance tuning without knowledge of SQL Server internal architecture, its locking mechanisms, transactions and data structures is impossible, such knowledge is expected.
    If you are interested, my email is in the profile (or just reply here).

Simas
  2. chandan1803 New Member

Brief Profile

Over 8 years of experience in System Support/ System Administration.
    Over 4 years of experience in Web Hosting Service on Windows 2000/2003.
    Over 1 Year of experience in CA-Unicentre (SD, AM, RCO) on Windows.
    Expertise in Hardware assembling troubleshooting.
    Expertise in LAN implementation and troubleshooting.
    Expertise in configuration of IIS.
    Expertise in Configuring Firewall, Mail (Lotus Notes), Web Server, DNS, etc on Microsoft Platform.
    Installation and Configuration of Oracle 8i on NT, 2000.
    Administered Oracle 8i Database as Jr. DBA for 4 years.
    Administered SQL Server Database as Jr. DBA for more than 4 years.
    Administered My-SQL Database as DBA for 2 years.
    Installation and Configuration of Windows 2000 Server and Professional under multi domain environment.
    Expertise in RedHat Linux Administration.
    Installation and Configuration of ARC Serve on 2000.
    Installation and Configuration of Legato Networker 7.1 on Windows 2000.
  3. mmarovic Active Member

The right way to apply for this position is to click on Author name, and then click on "Click to send email" or use his email address if published.