SQL Server Performance

Error: 14151, Severity: 18, State: 1. Access to the path is denied.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by lcerni, Dec 5, 2007.

1. lcerni New Member

Error: 14151, Severity: 18, State: 1. Replication-Replication Snapshot Subsystem: agent XXX-cm_replication-cm_tech_replication-5 failed. The replication agent failed to remove the file system object '\XXXReplDatauncXXX_CM_REPLICATION_CM_TECH_REPLICATION20070821160671', reason: Access to the path 'file_name.cft' is denied.
    I am on Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.2047.00 (Intel X86) Apr 14 2006 01:12:25 Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2).
    Has anyone come across this error, and if so, how did you fix it? Is it permissions on the OS side?
  2. techbabu303 New Member

What kind of replication have you set up ?
    Also are you expereinceing this after setup or was it working before and is failing now ?
    Regards,
    Sat
  3. lcerni New Member

Since I did not set up the replication nor the logon I asked the developer who did to look into it.

Here is his response:
    "I figured out why replication is throwing this exception. Some time ago we created a local user to run the snapshot agent that creates the files and gave it Read and Write permission only. In order to delete directories the user needs Modify rights at the directory security level. Hence, this explains why folders/files were not able to be deleted."
  4. satya Moderator

You could address this problem with a schedule job too where you need not worry about security on granting elevated access to that user.