SQL Server Performance

Error Converting DT_Date to DT_DBTimeStamp

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by pallavi, Feb 23, 2006.

1. pallavi New Member

Hi All,

I am creating a package which imports the data from Paradox (.db) tables to SQL server 2005 databse .

The source tables which do not have the "Date Of Update" column for them the package works fine. but for all the tables which have "Date Of Update" column, I get the following error.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error1Validation error. Data Flow Task: Paradox COMPANY[16]: The column "Date of Update" can't be inserted because the conversion between types DT_DATE and DT_DBTIMESTAMP is not supported.ParadoxToSQL.dtsx00
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The destnation column has datatype SmallDatetime.

Can any one tell me why this is happening, and how can I remove this error.

Pls do let me know if you have any comments on this.

This is quiet urgent,

Best Regards!
    Pallavi
  2. pallavi New Member

Hi to all,

I got the way to do this,

I followed the following steps

between the source and destination I've added a data conversion .

In the data conversion I have converted the data for the "Date of Update" column from DT_Date to DT_DBDatetime and created a column "Date Of Update 1".

While mapping the columns I mapped the source column "Date Of Update 1" with destination "DateOfUpdate"

Similarly I was getting the errors for DT_NTEXT, and DT_WSTR, I applied the same procedure there.

Please do write your comments regarding this.

Warm Regards!
    Pallavi