SQL Server Performance

Error in DTS Package

Discussion in 'SQL Server DTS-Related Questions' started by satheesh_p, Mar 1, 2007.

1. satheesh_p New Member

Hi,

can some one help me out in resolving this error
    I am new to this DTS package.

DTSRun: Loading... DTSRun: Executing... DTSRun OnStart: Copy Data from Table to [table2].[dbo].[table] Step DTSRun OnError: Copy Data from Table to [table2].[dbo].[table] Step, Error = -2147467259 (80004005) Error string: 'table$' is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation and that it is not too long. Error source: Microsoft JET Database Engine Help file: Help context: 5003125 Error Detail Records: Error: -2147467259 (80004005); Provider Error: -537199594 (DFFAFC16) Error string: 'table$' is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation and that it is not too long. Error source: Microsoft JET Database Engine Help file: Help context: 5003125 DTSRun OnFinish: Copy Data from table to [table1].[dbo].[table] Step DTSRun: Package execution complete.

I user sql server 2000.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    Satheesh.
  2. satya Moderator

Are you trying to execute the DTS package as a scheduled job?
    If so take help of this KBAhttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q269074 to accomplish the task.

As specified in the error make sure the referred table exists and no special characters are associated.

Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
    This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
  3. satheesh_p New Member

Thanks for you reply.

I have resolved the issue.

What DTS does is?
    1) Takes data from Excel file
    2) Inserts data into table.

Cause of error: It is due to worksheet contains $ eg. 'Export$' ie the reason it displays error as Error string: 'table$' is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation and that it is not too long.

After removing the $ sign in worksheet (e.g. Export). The process ran fine.

Hope this solution will be helpful for somebody who face this problem.

Regards,
    Satheesh.